Thursday, April 24, 2008

Adventures in Excercise

As most of you know, I didn’t post on Monday about my adventures is exercise. It was Hannah’s birthday so we just hung out at the house. So yesterday, we got back into the swing of things. It was warm in the Land yesterday so the outfit I had on wasn’t going to work. So on my way to class, I had to make a stop by my house to change into some shorts.

When I got back to the rec center I had to sit out in the hall because there was cheerleading practice in the room we work out in. While I have a minute, let me just say that as I watched the girls practice, I wanted to take my belt off and beat every last one of them. 8-10 year-olds shouldn’t dance like that. I was like watching stripper practice. All that was missing were a bunch of poles. Makes me thankful I don’t have any kids. And if I ever catch one of my nieces doing that mess, Ima punch them in the throat. Auntie BooBoo don’t play that. Anais and Jordan, you have been warned! You too Dee and Tina, when they come to ya’ll crying, you know why.

After practice let out, we all filed into the room, got our steps and set up. About 6 the instructor walked in and chatted with a couple of people. As he made his rounds I sat on my step preparing for the torture to begin. Oh, this is probably a good time to mention that Hannah snitched on me. That’s right; she showed the instructor the first blog that I wrote. And not only that, she told him it was me. Some friend she is. If she didn’t lay my hair out, I would break her fingernail. Hannah, remember snitches get stitches.

6:30 we are under way. This week there is a lot less people than last Wednesday. I guess he made a bunch of people not come back. Either that or they are still in the hospital. We all get into the groove of the steps and are doing our thing when we had to turn. Here is where the trouble begins. We facing the left and in that row is this man, old enough to be somebody’s daddy doing the steps with us. Don’t get me wrong, there are men in the class, but this one takes the cake.

This man is in a pea green, long sleeved shirt and some corduroy pants. Now for those of you not familiar with the weather in Cleveland, it was 75 yesterday. Not only that, it is hot as hell up in this room and he is sweating more that all the women in the room put together. And every step he’s doing is wrong. I mean WRONG. He doesn’t even have a step. Now that everyone is turned facing him they all mess up. I’m laughing so hard that I slid off the step and hurt my foot. Now I have this painful cramp in my foot that has me hopping around like a kangaroo. I had to take a break.

This man messed me up so much I have to do everything in the reverse I don’t see him and injure myself more. Even the instructor laughed at him. If it wasn’t bad enough that there are still parts I haven’t mastered, doing it in the reverse has thrown me completely off. But I kept up as best as I could. And now I have the A-step. Now I have to master the U and full U and I’ll be unstoppable. And I think I need a new pair of shoes. Maybe some Nike shocks.
After class, Hannah pointed me out to the instructor. Yeah I saw that elbow. You know you’re in for it! And maybe Friday I’ll have some video to show you. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

'Cilla said...

You are too funny :-)
Just made me rethink about joining an aerobic class. I'll jsut breath along with you for a while... can't wait to hear about the next adventure

'cilla

Sapphire Blue said...

You'll feel good after the first couple of classes

Anonymous said...

Honey hush...lol

No that joker wasn't in there like it was cold...this is funny. Can't wait to read more. I couldn't dare come up in there or I'd definitely be in one of your blogs...lol

Darnetta