Monday, October 13, 2008

I'm On The Phone

Today started out like any other day. I packed up my laptop to head to the coffee shop so I can send out a couple of resumes. One my way my friend called and said she was cooking breakfast. So hey, I like to eat so I stopped by for a plate.

After I finished eating, I thought I should hook up the ipod since it was dead. And then I got my morning call. Oh my I could barely contain the joy that seeps from my soul when he calls. Then the doorbell rang. Since it isn’t my house, I paid no attention to it. I should have. I should have been trying to escape from the side door. Guess who walks through the door…the ex. Damn, this used to be the safe space since he wasn’t talking to his sister.

I continued with my conversation. Laughing and joking about the situation with my brother and his scatter brained behind. So as I continued to talk, the ex decided to let his presence be known to me. As if I didn’t notice his vile arse enter the room. He did so by telling me he liked my computer. By asking me questions about his work habits. Calling me a spy since I had all my “high tech” gadgets with me. By walking his sorry behind over to me.

Maybe he didn’t realize I was on the phone. But how could he not, I don’t go around talking to myself in public. Well, at least where people can possibly notice that I’m doing it. Not to mention I was bust texting his sister asking her why was he talking to me. Last time I saw him, he was spewing venom about my presence at his brother’s house for a birthday party. Funny how when he is with his girl (my cousin) he hates my guts, but when she have vanished, he is grabbing at what little attention he can get from me.

The thing is, he knew I was on the phone. He knew I was talking to a guy. I guess he thought I would get all flustered with him here. Or maybe he thought that the other guy would get jealous. No need. Ex’s are ex’s for a reason. I should have known this was going to happen. Last night I dreamt that I was arguing with him. Next time I guess I’ll heed the warning.

1 comments:

Diamond~Star said...

That is my pet peeve, somebody trying to talk to me when they see me on the phone. Sometimes I have to stop and correct them just to get the point across. They act like you are going to stop what you are doing because they want your attention. Sigh.